Our office sees many delighted patients showing off their gorgeous smiles after receiving dental veneers. Watching these patients beam with happiness is one of the best parts of working with a cosmetic dentist in San Francisco.
places hundreds of dental veneers each year. The procedure is painless and normally requires no kind of anesthetic. Our dentist will design your veneers, which are thin shell-like pieces of porcelain that permanently bond on top of your natural teeth.
Because the bonding process is permanent, it is important for patients with dental veneers to understand how to care for their teeth and keep them looking great.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR VENEERS LOOKING GREAT
• Excellent dental hygiene is essential. Just as you should care for your natural teeth, you should brush and floss your teeth twice a day. It is best for your veneers if you use a soft-bristled toothbrush with a gel toothpaste. It is best to avoid harsh abrasive substances and hard bristled toothbrushes. These can rough up your veneers making them vulnerable to stains and removing the sheen.
• Avoid biting hard objects such as pencils, ice, or hard candy. These sorts of things can crack your veneers as well as your teeth.
• Stay away from products containing alcohol as it can weaken the bonding of your veneers and your teeth.
• Minimize the number of sugars and acids you consume. This will keep your veneers looking great as well as your teeth healthy.
• Avoid teeth grinding as this is damaging to your veneers as well as your natural tooth enamel.
• Visit our dentist regularly. This ensures that your teeth, gums, and veneers are in great shape.
If you have dental veneers, and you would like more information about the most effective way to care for them, feel free to contact our office. Our dentists and staff are happy to explain and demonstrate the best strategies for keeping your beautiful veneers looking their best.